Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thrifty Thursday! All about storage...


I really wasn't too lucky at any thrift stores this week. I visited my favorite one on Saturday and found these... a very nice wine crate, two large, divided boxes with hangars on the back, and this glass bowl. I am thinking of using the crate for some additional storage in my mudroom, but I may need a collection of these to make it work. The boxes I think I'll use flat to store beads or some other crafty goodies. The bowl is for a terrarium.

I have been on a quest to find the perfect glass container for a terrarium. This bowl wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but it will do. I fell in love with the idea after reading the holiday issue of Fresh Home Magazine. I have the charcoal, but I still need rocks, soil, and plants. My hunt for plants has left me empty handed thus far. I'll have to make a stop at the real nursery on my way home from work one day.

We went to my daughter's science fair at school this evening. My favorite project (other than my daughter's, which was a model of a tsunami made weeks ago) was an experiment involving plants. The student compared how each plant grew when exposed to different types of music (classical, pop, hip-hop, jazz, and country). The one that had to listen to country music died. I thought it was pretty funny, since I'm not a huge fan of country music!

Hope you've had a great St. Patrick's Day! I am honoring the Irish with a cold beverage in a green bottle... but it's brewed from apples, not hops!

No comments:

Post a Comment