Friday, May 13, 2011

Photo Friday! My flock!!!



So I suppose the only thing more hilarious than the "crazy cat lady" would be a "crazy chicken lady." Oh, wait... I now own both! ;)

Since we don't have a chicken run yet, I've been letting them out of the coop when I get home from work, and they have faithfully filed back into the coop just before sunset every evening. They were funny tonight... I put out some "treat" feed for them with sunflower seeds, tomatoes, peanuts, and other seed, and you should have seen the hens running toward me! They used to all huddle to one side of the coop when I went to let them out, then wait for me to leave to file out of the coop. Now they just scoot on past me with no concern that I'm going to hurt them. They still won't get close enough for me to touch them yet. We'll see...

Our grand total for eggs this week is 11 (4 from today... my kids were so excited!), which I think is pretty good considering how stressed they must feel. I made a custard impossible pie tonight.... I hope it's good! I used Trader Joe's version of Bisquick. This was, by far, one of my favorite desserts growing up.

Since Blogger was down yesterday, I didn't get the chance to share my Thrifty Thursday yesterday. If you remember a post a couple of weeks ago, I bought a wooden wine crate from the thrift store. Well, I needed a sturdy wood box to use as a nest, so the crate worked out perfectly! Best of all, we didn't have to build it!

I don't have a ton of plans this weekend. I hope to relax some! How about you? Hope it's a great weekend, whatever you have planned!

And I have to wish my big brother a Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment