Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday

Is it a happy day? I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I am proud of our armed services for the work they do. I, like everyone, remember exactly where I was on 9/11 and continue to mourn today. I hope that with Bin Ladin gone, those who have sufferred due to his regime will have some redemption and comfort in the fact that he is gone. But do I celebrate? I don't think so. Death is never something to celebrate. And, rest assured, there are more villains to fill his void. There will always be those who hate. I don't think anyone can help that. But hate fuels more hate. A part of me even feels bad for those who carried out attacks for Bin Ladin, because I see them as victims, too.

I found this quote on Pinterest tonight which sums up everything I feel about the events of yesterday:

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.



Even though MLK, Jr. is gone, he gives eternally through his words of wisdom. Words to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment