Monday, May 30, 2011

Manic Monday! Ottoman!









I finally finished the ottoman! You can check out its humble beginning here. I bought the bottom piece at an estate sale for $2, and I spent some time sanding and varnishing it. I wish I could say that I completed the project without help, but I did have some from my husband. He had to cut the MDF board I used for the base and help me attach the legs to the cushion. It's a bit taller than I anticipated. I may even do something different with the yard sale piece that inspired it all and find new legs to put on the cushion.  I thought about cutting down the legs, but I don't think I want to do that! I'm thinking something with webbing of some kind... we'll see! I added some piping to the bottom of the cushion which I like a lot! So basically I like the top and bottom of the piece, but maybe not together!


On a side note, these are the shoes my husband surprised me with for Mother's Day! I had a crush on these for several months!

I hope everyone is enjoying this Memorial Day. It's hot here in VA! Who said we could only have 1 week of Spring and fly right into Summer? It's supposed to reach a record high tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment