Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thrifty Thursday!


On Saturday, I spent the day thrifting/antiquing with my good friend and co-worker Suzanne. We found some cute things... some of which had to come home with us! We checked out some antique stores on 301 in Mechanicsville, and then I took her to a couple of my favorite places. My favorite find of the day was a set of 8 cups and saucers with one of the salad plates.... yes, only one. I have done a Google search for this pattern to no avail. It's made by Johnson Brothers. The only other markings are that the pieces were "made in England" and "ironstone." Other than this, I don't have a clue about the pattern! Apparently, Johnson Brothers has been in business since the 1920's. In the late 1990's, the company moved production to China, and is now no longer in business. So I know that it was likely made before then. Any ideas? I'd love to find more pieces! Anyone else go thrifting this week?

1 comment:

  1. Finally found the name of this pattern. It's called Sloane Square. Looks like I got a really good deal, too!

    ReplyDelete