Friday, January 7, 2011

Month by Month embroidery...

I had so much fun embroidering our family name that I wanted to start another project while on vacation. The perfect idea came to mind: a monthly quote in a small frame! I could easily work on a project this small while on the road. Again, I used some of my vintage ribbon/button stash, but also some seed beads. The easiest way to plan the piece was to actually print out the quote in MS Word on my computer, then use a window as a light box. I taped the paper to the window, then taped the fabric over that. I could easily trace the letters in pencil. I've done December, January, and February so far. Anyone have any ideas for quotes for March?

4 comments:

  1. How about an Irish blessing in honor of St. Patty's Day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good, Kate! Do you have one in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these (and they're short!):

    May you always walk in sunshine.
    May you never want for more.
    May Irish angels rest their wings right beside your door.

    ***********************************************

    May God grant you always...
    A sunbeam to warm you,
    A moonbeam to charm you,
    A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.

    ***********************************************

    May you always have walls for the winds,
    a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire,
    laughter to cheer you, those you love near you,
    and all your heart might desire.

    ************************************************

    Any of those strike your fancy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them all! I think I may do something with the first one... thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete