Sunday, January 23, 2011

Beading!


I had some time to get crafty last night, and I made these two necklaces. The first is made of a turquoise donut bead from Fire Mountain Gems, hemp cord, and various metal beads and findings. I just love turquoise! I think of all of the semi-precious stones, it is definitely my favorite! The variation of color is always intriguing...  This necklace is on the longer side (about 24") and I used lots of knots... I wanted it kind of simple and organic feeling. The second one is made from some glass faceted beads I bought from The Garden of Beadin' during our last trip to the Outer Banks... I simply fell in love with them. Even better was that the beads were buy one strand, get one free (gotta love a sale!). It took two to make this necklace. It's about 18" long. I knew since I planned on just using the one style of bead, that it would need a special clasp. I found this one at Michaels. Have you done any crafting this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment