Monday, July 18, 2011

Two Little Birds.... embroidery!


This is one of the things I've been working on since taking a break. The break really wasn't intentional, but necessary. Sometimes you just need one, you know? Last week, my family and I took a trip to Myrtle Beach. It was nice to get away... very relaxing. And I got to work on some new embroidery projects, including this one! I used lots of chain stitching with this one. I was inspired by a felt figurine I saw on Pinterest. And if you don't know what Pinterest is, then you should check it out! What a fantastic place to find inspiration (i.e., waste time...). Seriously. A huge time hole. But I love it, anyway!

I was prepared to teach my girls some basic embroidery skills just in case they became curious, which they did. I will share their projects later! My older daughter even did some bead work with some of her projects (she's 9), while my younger daughter (almost 6) stuck to the basic backstitch. I'm really impressed with how well they took to needlework and how enthusiastic they were about their projects!

In chicken news, I am sad to report that I've lost a hen. I'm so sad. She just vanished without a trace... no feathers or anything :(. I haven't a clue what got her. So now I'm down to 3 hens and the rooster. It might be time to shop for some new hens :(. 

I hope everyone has been well!

No comments:

Post a Comment