Monday, July 25, 2011

Burger Salsa....

I was driving home from Trader Joe's tonight thinking about what I was going to cook for dinner. I felt like fixing the turkey burgers I'd bought, but I was kicking myself for not buying a big tomato to slice. Despite having a million tomato plants in my garden, not one has produced a tomato worthy of slicing. I do, however, have a million grape and cherry tomatoes, and not much to do with them. The thought occurred to me that I could make a kind of "salsa" to go on the burgers. It wouldn't be that much different than the batches of salsa we made while on vacation.... except with slightly different ingredients and better equipment. Nothing beats your own kitchen!



I used a couple of handfuls of grape tomatoes from our garden, a big slice of Vidalia onion, and several dill pickle slices. I mixed them together in my mini chopper, and in a few minutes, had my salsa!

I thought it was pretty good for a spur of the moment idea! After dinner, my girls ate some with chips as a snack. :) Now I have one more use for the gazillion teeny tomatoes in my garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment