Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fun finds!


I fell in love with this vintage broach at a flea market in Myrtle Beach. Love how much it sparkles and that it's my favorite color! After hemming and hawing about it for a few minutes, the booth owner told me it was on sale. It came home with me....

We have been in serious celebration mode of my younger daughter's birthday, which was yesterday... she's now 6. She reminded me this morning: "Now remember, Mom. I'm a BIG girl now!" This was after she systematically re-organized her lip glosses and mirrors to go into her new, purple sequined purse. Happy birthday, baby girl!




We had been neglecting the garden for all of the celebrations... and we just discovered this cantaloupe which was more than ready to be picked!


It smelled just like candy, it was so ripe and sweet. I was afraid it was beyond edible.... but was so happy that it was just fine when we cut it open!


Not too shabby for a bunch of volunteer plants! We have at least 6 more that are almost ready to pick :)

I hope everyone's having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment