Saturday, February 25, 2012

Embroidery


 This project was something I created over the Thanksgiving holiday. (I know...it's taken me a while to get back to blogging!) This is the name of my favorite hymn. I had bought a bunch of fabric scraps from my favorite local quilting shop in Richmond, Quilting Adventures, and was inspired by all of the colors of fabrics to create something wonderful. I also drew inspiration from some fun lampshades I saw on Pinterest from Anthropologie... it's where I got the idea to knot the strips of fabric. It "ties" in so nicely with the theme... :)


And here's another project from that week. My song crush for about 2 months was Studio Hearts by Gym Class Heroes... and I just had to embroider a quote from the song!

I plan to hang these in embroidery hoops in my bedroom.

Hope you are having a great weekend! I have more embroidery projects I will share soon!

Anne

1 comment:

  1. I also drew inspiration from some fun lampshades I saw on Pinterest from Anthropologie... it's where I got the idea to knot the strips of fabric. It "ties" in so nicely with the theme... :) Sew Little Fabric

    ReplyDelete