Saturday, December 31, 2011

Chicken stories....


These are the last 2 eggs of the year... from my last lonely chicken. Look at that tiny one! So cute!

The good news is I still have one chicken. The bad news is the rest are gone... seemingly from a fox. We came home from a movie one night, and I went to close the coop... and I found 2 of my girls outside the coop. Only one was in. I couldn't find the rooster. I sent my husband out to see if he could find him. He was several feet away... doing his job to protect his alpha hen. I was devastated. That was back in October.

So, I have one lonley hen. She's adjusted fairly well. I will get her some friends soon....

We celebrated New Year's Eve with friends at dinner at Millie's Diner in Richmond. Yum!

Stay safe... and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment