Friday, June 17, 2011

Thrifty Thursday and Photo Friday! Chicken House...


My chickens have seemed much happier after some recent new additions to their house. They now have a chicken run (although some minor improvements need to be made, mainly to secure any gaps along the bottom), and they also now have a real door to the coop where there was once only a screen of rat wire secured by nails. The fencing my husband bought off of Craigslist. The door came from my uncle-in-law's stash of useful stuff he couldn't get rid of (Thrifty!). He and my aunt-in-law came over last week to meet the chickens, and he offered it to us! The coop itself was made from salvaged plywood. My husband is having a shed built in the next couple of weeks, and we will use the leftover siding to finish off the coop. Now the chickens can stay outside all day and play without anyone worrying about how safe they are! And now they are also truly secure at night :)

I am very grateful for the recent rain we have gotten! There was lots of rain last week, just not by my house :( Hopefully, we caught up a bit!

I bought these books last night:



They should be good reads :)

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment